Monday, May 3, 2010

New Books!

Is there any better feeling than finding a box full of books on your doorstep?  My latest book order arrived this morning and it's like Christmas in May.  I think I managed to select something for every possible mood.  Here are the titles:

The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson - I recently finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I'm hoping to read this second book in the Millennium Trilogy before The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest comes out later this month.

The Reincarnationist by MJ Rose - The plot of this thriller revolves around past life experiences.  I selected it mainly because I think it's something my mom would enjoy--after I've read it, if it's good, I'll send it her way.

Daemon by Daniel Suarez - Paranoid techno-thrillers are always fun, and the sequel, FreedomTM is already on bookstore shelves.

You're a Horrible Person, but I Like You: The Believer Book of Advice - A wide array of funny people offer (hopefully) hilarious advice in this book, which I'm saving for a day when I'm in a really bad mood.

Everything is Going to Kill Everybody: The Terrifyingly Real Ways the World Wants You Dead by Robert Brockway - Nothing puts life's daily irritations into perspective like pondering all the different ways the world could end.

Yay!  But before I can start on any of these, I have to finish  I, Sniper by Stephen Hunter.  My review should be up soon.

No comments: